View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C&F Fly Boxes: Are They Worth It?

This thread has great potential to turn into the twin sister of the Abel Nippers thread.

I love my C&F's especially when I can find them on sale. I've had some of them for years and those ones have long outlived the other fly boxes I bought at roughly the same time. Just like shotgun posted, the system boxes are great. Easy to flip out the foam inserts and change flies depending on where you're fishing and what hatches are on the calendar. Also fabulous if you need to replace the foam inserts which are often on sale if you look around. Are they worth it to me? Yes.

When the patents ran out on the C&F's the game changed in the fly box market and thus the no name brands or named brand knock off's. If I see one of them in the fly shop I frequent I may give it a look but I can count on them carrying C&F which is a primary reason I've got them to begin with.

Jeepster, that's one helluva purchase on your part. Really nice find!