Thread: Texas Question
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Texas Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I saw a fishing show where they got Alligator Gar in the Trinity. They were freakin huge, I mean hundred pound class fish. Towed the stinking boat around. The water looked like coffee with cream. About as clear as a brick. Looked like more fun than should be legal.

I just looked in the IGFA record book and there is a record from the Trinity also. Plus all of the fly rod records for them are small. 30 pound and less small.
I spoke with Dr Martin Argousti (probably spelled that wrong) who has many of the tippet records .From what I gather they fight like a tarpon with a lead weight attached and the rope trick doesn't work for them as their teeth are not as close together or as needle like.Spoke of teasing some to the fly like they do with sailfish.Mouths are very boney and need super sharp as well as hard hook.Hope I can get this together cause I think its going to be a blast!From what I heard Homer has the right idea with the 16 wt as you need to muscle them a bit!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser