Thread: Cheeky Reels
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cheeky Reels

Troutchaser, As I had mentioned Cheeky in an earlier post to you I will follow up. I do not own one (I would like to though), but my group had an early sample "loaner" on a trip to Abaco in 2011. Fished primarily by my good buddy, he landed many bonefish including one of perhaps 9 pounds with this reel. We were all impressed by its performance and design. It does not reinvent the wheel but it took a good look at the reel market and went very large arbor, V recessed the inner spool circumference for added capacity, carved as much aluminum out of the assembly while still preserving rigidity and devised their version of a stacked, multi-surface, sealed drag. They also gave their four models "Cheeky" colors but, for the conservatives among us, will introduce a clear anodized version at some point if consumers demand it. I recently saw the principles of this start-up (from Boston) at Somerset and they are cool young guys striving to become a quality name in the reel business...not and easy thing to do. I am going to get one.

Click the image to open in full size.