View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testing Dubbing Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnative1948 View Post
Some years ago I was in Yellowstone Park and picked and a couple of large handfulls of the fine winter hair that buffalo put on (they had been rubbing a tree). Really soft fluffy stuff, dark brown. I was checking out my supplies last night and came across it again. Got me to thinking, "Should I try tying something with it?"
What say you? Should I even consider it?
First, don't lick your fingers while tying with the raw fur. You don't know what can be carried on wild animals. Use a dampened sponge in a dish.

You can also hand wash the hair with some gentle soap and warm water. You will surprised at how much dirt comes out of the fur.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy