View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turning wood for rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Saving my pennies for a lathe, hopefully they start adding up!
I save all of my change. I never use change even if it is a total the ends with a single penny. In fact I like that better. It is amazing how fast that adds up. Plus you never really miss it because it's just change.

Some of the stuff I got with pocket change by never spending it, the Oldsmobile Achieva with the hail damage I mentioned in the fishing car thread, took my butthead ex to Mazatlan on pocket change, my Meiser, my 10 wt. Winston, a lot of things I have.

The guy has a lot of knife scales as well. Some that have to be seen to be believed. I have had a hard time finding stabilized wood big enough to do rod parts. All kinds of people have stuff for pens. Unfortunately pen blanks are just a tad to small to be useful. I've never seen a better job of double dyed stabilizing. Awsome stuff.

He's an artist up in Alaska.