View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: Rotary Vise Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Got it and love it.

I'll admit that I wasn't in love at first but the more I use it, the more I like it.

The rotary function is a little tight at first but eventually loosens up with use.

The jaws have two notches in them - one closer to the base for larger hooks and on closer to the top for smaller hooks. Try to keep your hooks in there for the best holding power. For realllly small hooks (18 and smaller) staying outside of the grooves is OK.
It's great you love it. I'm hoping so as well. I just got home and received word that it arrived. Wifey pooh is bringing it home from postal depot. Very happy.

To the OP on reasons why. I read that it was the work horse of the vises and I am looking to buy only once. Made in the States, Jaws are O1 tool steel (very tough stuff) Rotary option is nice. That's about it. I really couldn't find any real negative critiques. There was a review I found where it scored nicely in its price bracket. If you search fly tying vise reviews I'm sure you could find it or some like it.

Good Luck and choose wisely.