View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: When Did Life's "C Words" Go Out Of Style?

We live in a "Now" society where information is at everyone's finger tips. Why learn anything the old fashioned way when you can google the answers right from your iphone. Our society has become so needy, greedy, and if you really want my opinion ignorant. We live in a world where if you get a bloody flat tire on the ride home from work you press a little button in the over teched mini van and some service truck changes the tire for you while you watch your favorite HBO show on your iphone! You can go to the over-sized box stores get a gallon of mayo, a dress shirt and tie, some fried chicken and damned camera! When you are surrounded by gizmos and gadgits that eliminate the hands on aspect of life, common sense goes out the window. I look around at my neighborhood and have realized mine was the last generation that came home dirty, wet, late, or all banged up. Kids today don't even leave the house! How does one develop common sense without the trial and error experience that is life? As far as craftsmanship goes most people, at least around here, think its just the name of sears' tool line. Craftsman, journeymen, and even just garage wood tinkerers are fading in our world of instant gratification. But some of us still get dirty some of us still make things with our hands and change our own flat tires, some of us still use common sense and still hold it in higher regard than a formal education. Common sense isn't dead just yet.