View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Identification anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerducer View Post
Pardon me, cause I don't know from nothing about what fly to imitate this, but I have read all of these posts with that question in mind.

Isn't the Parachute Adams a Gray Body? Doesn't that pass for a kind of clear or "crystal" coloration?

And do they have a Whitish fly like that in the Rocky Mtns where I am?

This thought has been in the back of my mind. Is there a pattern that is sort of, well...not White, but a "crystal" Mayfly pattern? You know, sort of an all-clear or "flashabou" pattern.

Sorry if this is like, totally dumb (ha ha) but I have to ask.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

So is there sort of a "crystal" pattern to imitate this Crystal--colored Mayfly?

Is it the Gray Bodied Parachute Adams which would serve to imitate the Mayfly in your photo?

Para adams can be tied in any color, to imitate any mayfly that hatches- BWO, PMD, PED, to any other body, from grey, to black, to purple (ever heard of the purple haze?).

Most places in the West have a hatch of some sort of bug species that are white in color.