View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When Did Life's "C Words" Go Out Of Style?

Nicely quoted, plecain... And, stuie675? I agree with you that this country was founded as a nation free of the stigmas, one that recognized certain rights, and devoid of prejudicial behavior toward any group, no matter how different their beliefs.

And, while I recognize the importance of the amendments and the rights that they guarantee-- freedom of speech, for example --I'll get in the face of any protester who decides that a soldier's funeral is a proper place to air his/her griefs. It all goes back to respect... I've lost relatives, friends and sons and daughters of friends who paid the ultimate price and died protecting our freedoms and our way of life, and they ALL deserve our respect. One of my best friends in both grade school and high school still has trouble dealing with his part in the Viet Nam war. His dreams of those days continue to haunt him...

Whether you agree with a point of view or come at it from 90 degrees, our differences are what make us unique... And, for that alone, the "C Words" should still hold sway... Jerry, aka hairwing530