View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod weights and Common Cents

Well it's only as accurate as the user, but if you do it carefully I'd say it is pretty close to 100%. It's a far better way to look at it than the rod than the labels.

It would be interesting to try a whole bunch of rods that are supposedly identical. Preferably from a cheaper brand. The way blanks are made they wrap the graphite around a mandrel and then wrap the graphite with a clear tape and them bake them. They then sand that off. You have to wonder what kind of variability you get from the sanding process. I am willing to bet that they don't just let anyone go at a Winston blank, but who knows what kind of drunken maniac they have going at them in China. I don't see where you are going to get the same, at least attempt, at uniformity from a guy getting $1.32 a day.

It's interesting if you look at the ERN charts from places like sexyloops, and if I can find it again, some guy named Bob something had a really extesive list that has vanished from the web. Hopefully it will pop up again, but you get an idea of the companies sales strategy in their ERNs. Like Sage and it's we cast farther thing. That's why they have ERNs that are 2 or 3 higher than what the rod really is. Wnston is a "we are a quality rod" attitude makes them less of a liar than Sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
A
Might I add a and a?

Good point about the cheater rods posing as 5 weights but 'touchy feely PC liberal'? Whew... that ain't no grand generalization is it?
I betcha it was a right-wing whacko 1%-type who wasn't used to not winning by any means necessary and so bought the casting judges to change the rules to work in his favor!

Just
I'll take that bet. It's an attitude that's gotten into schools and who runs those? Everywhere that kind of "can't make anyone feel like a loser" attitude has taken hold, go look at who's running it. Easy bet.

In fact I'll make a second bet, if we do find any right wingers, they made the rods and labeled the 5's as 7's. "winning by any means necessary"?