View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lakewood Camps and Rapid River

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
I fished it just once...the long hike in comes under the "once is enough" heading. Too many other great rivers and streams in that area to wear out any more shoe leather. for me, anyway.
Gary
That's how I see it too.
That and the Rapid has such a reputation that it draws people in like flies.
It reminded me of the only time that I climbed Mt Washington.
There was a great deal of effort expended to get to the top only to find the place crawling with people who drove the auto road or took the cog.

.... not to take away anything from your anniversary gift, capecodangler. I'm sure that staying on-site will make for an excellent experience.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Actually I'm looking forward to returning to that area late this spring.
I've made reservations for the same place that we stayed last year and have already figured out a few new places to fish

Last June.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was at Upper Dam.... We just walked in and didn't even fish.
Talk about gates !. There's three different ones on this road at different intervals and they close them seasonally according to how many people that they feel the need to deter.
Again, no one is trying to keep you out. They're just culling out the folks less likely to put in the effort.

Last edited by Rip Tide; 03-07-2013 at 10:39 AM.