View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod weights and Common Cents

Not that I know of, but I have thought about that. I know a lot of guys leave rods in cars. In the summer you can bake the snot out of stuff in a hot car. Heat can change the properties of the blank. I'm not sure if a car gets hot enough to do it, but I don't want to find out the hard way. It would be a great expreriment on a rod you don't care about.

I have also thought about if because of just straining a rod repeatedly over time. I have a spinning rod that I caught a ton of really big Sturgeon on. I have had that thing bent like a U for so many hours it's rediculous. I have wondered if it effects the graphite over time to repeatedly stress them like that.

I can see where a person could come up with more than one interesting experiment.

Last edited by Guest1; 03-06-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: accidentally invented a new word.