View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Carp flies and tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimloom View Post
I would also add a Thanks to you guys who do this. I have wanted to try Carp on the fly but haven't as yet. Got an invit from a guy who works at a large fly shop in So. Calif. last sunday to go Carp fishing in the LA River of all places! Hey it is a slippery slope when guys who know the fly biz are willing to do the LA River!

Craig

I actually spent some time checking out the LA river my last trip out there. There are definitely some fantastic fish in there when you can find them and a place to access it.

I parked in one place near a dog park and when I got back to my car, I was in there browsing my GPS looking for more possible access points when another car parked in front of me after driving past more than once.

I thought nothing of it until the guy got out and stood between the front of my car and his car when it dawned on me....

He too was looking to drown a worm. We were just on different pages when it came to the type of worm.

Just something to look out for when you are scoping out the LA river if you aren't in to that sorta thing