View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: C&F Fly Boxes: Are They Worth It?

I think it's interesting that for a change a Japanese product was cloned and marketed by others with nearly the same quality but at a far better price.
I have a few C&F boxes including one of the huge, heavy beasts with compartments and slitted foam (the main reason I own it is a good swap I made) As much as I would like to, I rarely use it simply because of its bulk and mass. A couple smaller boxes take its place and are lighter and less bulky.
I also have a couple of their original threader/slitted foam boxes and now replace them with the knock-offs without the threaders. I never once used the threaders because the flies I would need to use them on have eyes too small for the threader much less the threader combined with two pieces of tippet.
Thank goodness the slit foam design is everywhere these days at prices well within reason.

Last edited by Jackster; 03-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.