View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

I'm with you, JoJer... I'd have a problem giving up the vast majority of my books. Even when they've become a bit dusty from a lack of reading or use, I'm still comforted by the feel of a book near the couch or bed. Books, for me, continue to have that certain ability to transport me to somewhere I've never been, or to experience a little something new in the world of fishing or hunting.

As well, I enjoy the true workmanship of a good story-teller, his or her ability to craft that grand collection of observations and words that draws the reader in and holds his attention, if only for a short while. A good story told well takes me back to the days when stories around a campfire were the norm, and almost everyone had a story to tell.

And, if the truth be known, I'm a sucker for the art of making a fine book. The craftmanship of a great printer/binder is disappearing, and when it's gone, I will miss it.

One last thing, especially when it comes to a used book, is the mystery to be found of wondering who owned the book before me. Book plates intrigue me, and I truly enjoy the notations sometimes found written in a book. And, if there's some sort of notes included on paper and stuck inside the book, so much the better, in my humble opinion... Jerry, aka hairwing530