View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

I'm with you, JoJer... I'd have a problem giving up the vast majority of my books. Even when they've become a bit dusty from a lack of reading or use, I'm still comforted by the feel of a book near the couch or bed. Books, for me, continue to have that certain ability to transport me to somewhere I've never been, or to experience a little something new in the world of fishing or hunting.

As well, I enjoy the true workmanship of a good story-teller, his or her ability to craft that grand collection of observations and words that draws the reader in and holds his attention, if only for a short while. A good story told well takes me back to the days when stories around a campfire were the norm, and almost everyone had a story to tell.

And, if the truth be known, I'm a sucker for the art of making a fine book. The craftmanship of a great printer/binder is disappearing, and when it's gone, I will miss it.

One last thing, especially when it comes to a used book, is the mystery to be found of wondering who owned the book before me. Book plates intrigue me, and I truly enjoy the notations sometimes found written in a book. And, if there's some sort of notes included on paper and stuck inside the book, so much the better, in my humble opinion... Jerry, aka hairwing530