View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turning wood for rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I missed this when you first posted it. As soon as I get a couple pieces for rods I have planned I'll just post it. He has a limited amount of stuff on hand and I don't wanna share till I get the ones I want. After that it's free for all time.
Just give me a few days to get the stuff I want.

One of the rods is a 9' 10 wt. BIIX Winston. When Winston discontinued the BIIX , I got a few blanks before they were all gone. As I may have mentioned, my 9' 10 wt. BIIX is my favorite single hand rod. I thought very seriously about keeping the second one for life just like the first one. I may still do it. But since there is such fine wood around to turn a seat and grip parts, I thought I would build it.

This is the one I already built. That wood is double dyed stabilized box elder burl. I may even go a tad fancier with the cork portion. The new guy has wood that is nicer than what is in my rod, so maybe go all out on the grip.
Click the image to open in full size.

That wood looks better in person. About a thousand little eyes.