View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

If, by implication or statement, I left you with the impression that I was "anti-change" or "anti-technology," please accept my apologies. The truth of the matter is that I'm neither of those. In fact, I'm very much "pro-technology," as it has played a major role in my long-term survival from three bouts with brain cancer. So, I owe much to the advances in technology.

As for "change?" Again, I cite my cancer experiences. The ever-changing advances in my treatments have proven to be a very good thing for me. And, to that end, I embrace "change."

The bottom line to my own personal philosophy about change is that it's every man or woman's choice as to whether or not they embrace the "changes" that occur in one's lifetime. The iPads, Kindles and Nooks have helped many folks continue their ability to read, and for that, they should be applauded. And, in many cases, the changing technology has inspired a whole new generation of readers... again, a good thing.

That said, my point was that the e-readers just aren't for me-- a personal viewpoint, and nothing else. My choice is not a condemnation of the e-readers. Rather, it's merely my way of reading a book in a manner that pleases me. It's neither right nor wrong... it's just me!

I'm glad that you continue to read via your iPad, and that it works out for you. All good... And, as for the age thing? Age has nothing to do with adapting to change or technology. I've just chosen to grow older with my books, many of which will be passed on to my children. But then, that's just me and my approach to reading...