View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Lamson Litespeed 2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
i see that the litespeed is 1.10" wide....i know my allen trout reels are 1.06" so i dont think i would notice any negative effects. it seems the lamsons have other subtle attributes i like.....counterweight is part of the spool( no hung up line), the hard alox coating, the spool release is very simple( fewer moving parts).
I may look differently at my Lamsons now that I see they are "dysfunctional". I fish brooks, small rivers and some lakes. Never had an issue with any of them in my limited fishing experience. As well as I have never taken such an in depth analytic view as you see expressed here. Too technical for me. I am curious if this problem occurs when retrieving line only at a fast pace. Again, I haven't had the opportunity to tie into some large trout. Has anyone else out there experienced the problem with this design?
Different strokes for different folks.