Thread: Caddidflies
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Caddidflies

I have been doing a lot of study on what differnt caddis fly imitations look like to the desired quarry...seems like the hair wing types are a better choice for the sunnier days..and the more solid styles for the cloudier or in the sadows...

when the originators of the "Goddard and Hornberg" patterns, first tied them up I think they were on to something... both these patterns have a shadow, and contact point signature...something I have tried to copy wth some of my new caddis ties I have been making...

here are two more pics of some sunny day caddis...the lower pic shows the shadow well...you can see the feather body is what is projecting the dominant sadow , visble beow..and not the hair wing contact points...

just an observation...but I am going to see how this imprves my catches on differnt sun type days...and bugs with both contact point and shadow taken into consideration...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/