View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM

moucheur2003 is just really nicemoucheur2003 is just really nicemoucheur2003 is just really nicemoucheur2003 is just really nicemoucheur2003 is just really nice
Default Re: For Bonefish, Bass and surf 8wt rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
Yes, it was a dilemma for me to choose between the 7wt or the 8wt. But I don't want to have too many fly rods. I am just starting up and fly rods are more expensive than the Shimano Cumulus. I am the kind of person who just buy once and beat the dang out of it.

I might gonna take a risk on the One if I didn't read S&S review about it. S&S wrote that it was too stiff and we need to be very technical to use it. HUH? Me? Technical? I'll go with the H2 that is more forgiving.

btw, BMW all the way, mate.
If you are only going to have two rods for a while to cover all the situations you might encounter, I would say make them a 5 and an 8, not 5 and 7 (or 5 and 9). And I would say make it a more forgiving 8 rather than a stiffer one. So yes, I think that probably steers you toward the H2 rather than the One for your 8 weight. But they are so expensive that you should try both of them for yourself if you can, or at least talk to as many people as you can, before deciding.