Thread: new umpqua bags
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: new umpqua bags

I just got a Umpqua 500 bag .when I got home I begin loading the bag up with all my normal gear. What I found out was thaT it didn't hold as much gear as I wanted.so I removed all my gear and look at the bag more carefully. The problem is the frame.the frame gives of support which I like about the bag.but was more bent to much toward the storage area of the pack.limiting the amount of gear you can carry. In the back of the bag is zipper that goes no where took me a while to understand what this was for.only thing I could understand this is how you can you can remove the frame .by taking the frame out thru this zipper.so I removed the frame thru the zipper when I removed the frame it allowed more storage area. But lost the support which I liked. So I reshaped the frame so it does not have as much torque to the bag. When I did this the frame became more elongated so I had to compress the length so it would fit back in the bag.after putting the frame back in the bag it retained the support and also increased the gear area. Much better fit for what gear I wanted to carry. I hope this helps others who buys this pack.