View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hacking my way through hyperbole

I consider the southerly parts of Andros to be a delight, enjoy all the conch and Kalik you can. I fish #'s 7, 8 & 9 rods with the 8-weights getting the lions share of use. I do enjoy fishing the 7 in calm conditions with sparse, light flies in skinny water and similarly, am happy to fish the 9 when the wind howls and the lead eyed fly is called for (mostly from the skiff in a bit deeper water). An 8 is the perfect bonefish rod and, as you must have at least one back-up outfit and you are traveling to a lovely but no tackle available destination, get yourself a new 8-weight for the trip. The "Flying Pig" is highly recommended in a tackle review here, Rise Fly Fishing is worth a look and ECHO3 is a darn nice rod, none of which will break the bank and might give you more feeling than the stiff TFO. I use 200 yds. of backing because "you are supposed to" and have never seen the metal of my spool in nearly 3 decades of bonefishing. Both the SA and RIO bonefish lines are excellent and I prefer Fluorocarbon hand tied leaders of about 12'. Amber or copper polarized shades are the most important piece of gear you will bring and protective wading boots are the second most important. I use the Patagonia Marlewalkers and the Simms are also very good. Have a great trip.