View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: For Bonefish, Bass and surf 8wt rod

I commented in the saltwater forum earlier and now, connecting the dots, I'll add a bit here too. You do not need to spend the max$ for a decent bonefish 8-weight and I suggested three reasonably priced rods in the other thread (for those here they were Flying Pig, Rise Fly Fishing and ECHO3). Both the Sage ONE and the NEW Helios 2 #8's are terrific rods. I did not care for original Helios and I did fish for a week with both the 8 and 9-weights. I cast several of the H2's at Somerset and the one I was most impressed with (much superior to the two #5's) was the 8-weight tip-flex. This rod is powerful but manageable for any decent caster whereas, as I have opined before, the ONE is remarkable but demanding as would be the Sage hyper-technical TCX. If you could cast the H2 along side Sage Xi3 and perhaps G.Loomis NRX (my person favorite #8 flats specific rod) you would then be able to have an informed opinion as to which one suited you the best...these are the top-dollar but also top-performing 8-weights around (that I have personal familiarity with).