View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best Trout Rods ?

I thought of not responding as it is hard for me to say what my favorite rod is but here is my take. a. Sentimentally, it is an 8 1/2'/#5 I built from a Scott blank that Harry himself picked out for me in 1989. b. Performance wise, Sage ONE 9'/#5 is an incomparable tight loop, high line speed, full size river, dry fly rod...period. c. Rod that means the most to me, would be my brace of Redington Nti "Nanos" a 9'/#5 and 8 1/2'/#4 both paired with Ari't Hart reels and SA XXD/Expert Distance Taper lines with Orvis braided butt leaders. These two 1990's rods and their 8-weight bonefish sibling informed and re-educated me about all the wonderful Scott, Sage and Loomis rods that came before and after them.

Click the image to open in full size.

My Far&Fine and Scott #5 from the late 1980's