View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all
Default Re: For Bonefish, Bass and surf 8wt rod

Sweet and Salt,
Thank you for connecting the dots, I've been on the web reading reviews and comparing the One, Xi3, NRX, and H2, even the BVK. The heck, just last night I was comparing the NRX with the H2 in my dream. . I don't have the luxury to go around to test everyone of them. So the web is my friend and my teacher.

I found a NRX 8wt for $600 online with 30days return policy, probably because the new NRX will be in the market soon. I might gonna buy it along side the H2 to test them and return the one that I like less.

and now since I have your attention.
I read your story about the Lamson reel jammed on some guy's bonefishing trip and broke the rod. And also your recommendation on the FWX or the Hardy DD. I jotted down some notes when I search on Ross Lt 4, FWX 7/8, and Lamson Litespeed 3.5 or 3.5X. I ended choosing the Lamson. I haven't bought it yet since now I am once again open for some fresh suggestions from this forum. What reel you would suggest, and is Hardy DD drag, backing are good for saltwater fish? I don't do much SW, just wanted to have 1 reel that will serve FW and SW when needed.