Thread: Fishing Hat
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishing Hat

JPBFLY, That modular hat unit is...over the top. I am not going to wear it but I like it, conceptually.

I am a long time advocate of extra-long billed "Swordfisher" style fishing caps. I have numenrous variations in both cotton and SPF synthetics. They keep the sun off your face and, imprtantly too, sunglasses but not your ears and neck. I bought a new one this year that is long-billed but has a velcro removable ear/neck flap. I am going to see if I can adapt to it without having the cape portion live permanently in my vest.

This is not the one I found but here is the same idea from Simms:

Sunshield Hat - Headwear - SHOP

I am certain you can find the up-down Lefty-style hat in blank form to have your own logo embroidered.