View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:09 PM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

With the work week finished a bit earlier than planned, I decided to pick up where I'd left off with "the journals" last night. That is, until I read six more pages. As I turned the page, there sat a note, one dated two days before Montgomery Jackson took his leave from this mortal coil and went on ahead to scout the waters. It read:

Lad,

I've always admired that "what's around the next bend" mindset of yours, even when you weren't feeling up to par. With these journals, take them as they were meant to be- a slow read. You've got the time now.

One more thing. My grandson will be back on the night before the Opener with another small box. My own journals of 75 years on the water will be inside. I hope they serve you in good stead in my absence.

Fish your seasons to come with the same respect that you always showed this old man, Lad, and you will do just fine.

Montgomery

I'm not ashamed to say that it took three attempts to read the note before I could pull it off with a dry eye. Once finished, I tucked it back inside the journal, closed the book and put Volume II away... for now. It was the right thing to do... Jerry, aka hairwing530