Thread: kayak setup
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: kayak setup

First of all, welcome to the board.

Secondly, when rigging a kayak for fly fishing, think minimalist. Anything you put in the kayak is something that the fly line will find a way to wrap around. Trust me on this one.

You'll want a good paddle, carbon fiber is a good choice. You'd be surprised at the difference a few pounds will make after a days worth of paddling. Other than that, just pack your rod(s), flies and minimal tackle, cooler with beverage of choice, and that should about do it for what you'll be targeting. The only other thing you might want if you decide to chase bigger things is a folding net (folding so that you can keep it out of the way and reduce the amount of times your fly line will wrap around it).

I'm itching for the warm water season to get here. My kayak has been hung up in the garage for almost 5 months now. Way too long.