View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 AM

moucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best Trout Rods ?

Then of course there are Tom Chandler's picks:

The Dozen Best Fly Rods of All Time

Of these, I've got the 9' 4 wt Loomis IMX, the 8' 6" 5 wt Winston WT, and the 8' 4 wt Winston Tom Morgan Favorite. (I've also got a couple of decent 9' 6 weights, but he kind of sleazed that one by not picking a specific model.)

He goofed by failing to mention the Orvis Far & Fine, I think. I have one of those too. Unlike the rest of you who brag about having an original early version, I believe mine is the last one Orvis ever sold. (At least from their regular production run. I understand they have made a few by custom order from leftover blanks since.) They located a lone survivor in one of their retail shops in England and shipped it back to me in the US. I had to pay customs duty.

He deliberately excluded models currently in production, apparently because there seems to be such a short product life cycle these days that you don't know whether today's best rods will still be on top tomorrow, but I think if current offerings were considered there would probably be something from the Orvis H2 and Hardy Zenith families on the list.