Thread: Why we do it
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why we do it

Hmmm...I've loved to fish since before I caught my 1st trout, which I remember well, in 1953...pautzkes egg and a solid glass rod, about 4 feet long. A few Ca guys know where Tunnel Creek comes into Shaver Lake and that was the spot. My little forked stick (rod rest) may still be there. Fishing/camping was the only time my dysfunctional family was at peace and I took that to heart.

Athletes talk about being "in the zone" and fly fishing let's me get into a personal space like that. There's only me, the water, the fish, the quest for the perfect drift...there's a rhythm and cadence to it that I find soothing. Hours pass without notice. Pain and fatigue, stress and concern all melt away in the total relaxed concentration that on rare occasions allows you to sense a hit just before it happens...because everything is perfect and the fish is there.

sorry....don't get me started. -Mike