View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lamson Litespeed 2??

The width / depth issue cost me $160 dollars. I like everything about Lamson reels I have had but I litterally have pinched the welded loop almost off 2 brand new lines in Lamson reels. I wasn't watching for it but the shallow spool led to the line stacking up upon retrieval and got to the point it pinched my line in the reel.

Since realizing what caused that it hasn't happened since. I don't think when spending $200-$300 on a reel you should have to

A) use 50% of the recomended backing capacity
B) be super conciensus of how you manipulate your line upon retrieval

Since I primarily fish trout along the front range going with less backing isn't a issue. The whole scenario is just annoying when for comparable money Nautilus, Ross,Galvan don't have similar issues.

I would consider their new reel with the deeper spool but I don't have room for anymore $300 line holders in my arsenal of rod/reel combos (yet )