View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just finished a new toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Sweet Dan! I was considering a burgandy thread go with the dark green, I'll keep purple in mind for the next time.
I was just thinking about Burgandy for that 17'er I was talking about. I have a teal I was thinking about also. The blank is that dark T&T blue.

By the way, I just spined the rod and have to say, it is the most perfect multi piece blank I have ever touched in my life. The tip section is as straight as a laser beam. It's the only peice that wasn't really hard to find the spine on. It has a spine, the rest either don't or barely do. The piece next to the tip is spinless and the next two barely have one. I'm not sure who designed the blank but it is awsome. They did an amazing job making it. It is flawless.

I am going to spend a lot more time on the grip than I did the Winston. I cut a set of trim bands for the grips that are really interesting. Instead of checkers, I made a an overlapping zig-zaggy dark cork line set in nice white cork. I'll have to take some photos when I get it done.