View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow Levels in Colorado & New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutcomegetit View Post
Looks like I'm itching to get on the water. Just called the guys at Animas Valley Anglers (actually Will's mobile) to get a feel for the conditions in souther Colorado and the San Juan. He is optimistic, (fishing guides would never exaggerate!) he feels like they are about average. While on the phone he tried to check to see if the new report was out, but the government site was down. I'll try to click it later.

He did say it dumped a wet snow last night with more on the way. He also mentioned southwest Colorado gets most of their moisture in March and April. Man am I ready for a little fishing.
I hope you're right about getting most of their moisture in Mar/Apr, it doesn't look very good right now. Here is the snowpack report as of today Mar 9 and most of the basins in CO reporting in the 70% range.
NRCS/WRDS Snowpack Data