View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just finished a new toy.

OK, I just finished making the sock and the bag for the rod tube. I may be one of the few people around who make a case for their case. They are easy to do and my rod tubes all look pretty much like new.

I didn't have green thread for the sock, which kind of sucked. I don't have anyplace in town to buy it anymore. The recession has taken out both of the places that did. I have to travel at least 45 miles now to get it. I did have purple and thought it went with the rod anyway so I used it. If I had green I would have used it. I used to have a logo embroidered on the socks, and still do sometimes, but this I can do myself. The color on the rod came out better in this photo. The feather inlay is easier to see. In real life the purple is darker than in the photo and so is the grey the inlay is on. Closer to the first photos. I used a flash this time and it made stuff hop out in the photo.

Click the image to open in full size.

I made The sock for the photo out of this thick cloth that looks like dyed suede. Feels like it as well. Great stuff. It also hides the fact it's a fly rod case. Not really a problem up here. Up here they might steal it because the thought it was a cool package for a case of cigarettes. Anyway, less likely that they would want to steal it if they don't know what it is.

Click the image to open in full size.