View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Well, at 6 am this morning, I fought off my "around the next bend" urges, as the late Montgomery Jackson called them, and revisited Journal #1, reading it as he'd intended the books to be read-- slowly and giving weight to his words --and "re-discovered," if you will, three things about the younger version of yours truly. A.) I had more energy than "river smarts" early on-- a source of concern for many of my elders --B.) that I was something of a "handful" when it came to keeping track of me, and C.) I was an eager student of anything "fly" or outdoor-related.

After a bit of due consideration about today's version of "the wild child," I came to these conclusions... in no particular order. That... A.) I still have bursts of unbridled energy that sometimes get me into trouble (though tempered somewhat by age and health); B.) Some of my fly-fishing "cronies," "my girls" and my oncologists still consider me a "handful" at times; and C.) I'll never be too old to learn something new about the outdoor pursuits that drive me on.

I guess that things haven't changed all that much over the last 50+ years... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 03-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.