View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Well, at 6 am this morning, I fought off my "around the next bend" urges, as the late Montgomery Jackson called them, and revisited Journal #1, reading it as he'd intended the books to be read-- slowly and giving weight to his words --and "re-discovered," if you will, three things about the younger version of yours truly. A.) I had more energy than "river smarts" early on-- a source of concern for many of my elders --B.) that I was something of a "handful" when it came to keeping track of me, and C.) I was an eager student of anything "fly" or outdoor-related.

After a bit of due consideration about today's version of "the wild child," I came to these conclusions... in no particular order. That... A.) I still have bursts of unbridled energy that sometimes get me into trouble (though tempered somewhat by age and health); B.) Some of my fly-fishing "cronies," "my girls" and my oncologists still consider me a "handful" at times; and C.) I'll never be too old to learn something new about the outdoor pursuits that drive me on.

I guess that things haven't changed all that much over the last 50+ years... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 03-10-2013 at 11:56 AM.