View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My real rod weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
Really funny you should mention that number (90 deg.). That's where the spine was on at least one section of the first two rods I looked at. I thought I must be doing this wrong. But, no matter how many times I did it, at least one of the pieces always came up the same, with the spine at 90 deg. to the guides.
Worst possible spot to have it. How does the rod line up when all the parts are together? The easiest way to do the whole rod is hold it by the tip, put your thumb on your other hand across the blank, holding it up, as close to halfway down as you can reach. Roll the rod over your thumb and you can tell instantly where the spine is.