View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rod Length Controversy

dpreller...glad you posted this. I was fearful I'd became a victim of schizophrenia....the trout I've caught lately,,,,SEEMED to be real...but I know I have no Sage One Time Warp Speed 174 fly rod.........and I looked toward the sky and said 'HOW can this be ?'

Guess I'm feeling my smartazz oats,,,so I tell you, yee Sage One owners,, this was in jest, ,,,,I'm sure the Sage One is a distance casting dream stick, and if I fished bigger waters,,,,,,but I'm stoked awaiting delivery this week of an Orvis Superfine, 8' 6" , 3wt. That definitely is NOT a Time Warp 174 rod ! I hope this rod is somewhat similar to my old Far and Fine 5wt...and I'll be happy as a **** in a hollow Sycamore.

The rod I have now that I really like the most ,,concerning action,,,is a mid-flex Orvis Access, 8 1/2ft, 5wt. It's really even a lot of fun to catch bluegills on the 5wt mid action. The Access is a good piece of work for it's price.

Michael