View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 AM

JoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud ofJoJer has much to be proud of
Default Re: what would you buy??

Another thumbs up for ceramic bobbins. It's no fun trying to learn propper thread tension and having your bobbin work against you and cutting thread.
I have two bodkins I made by sticking a large pin (like nearly hat pin size) into a piece of dowel. I have a fat one and a skinny one. My first hair stackers were made from empty and cut-down 30 and 40 cal cartridge cases. I still have them but really like the storebought one I have now. My bobbin threader is made from a piece of guitar string JB Weld-ed into a piece of dowel. (Thought flytire is right-I usually suck-start the thread)
I've been tying on bottom end cheap vises- I've worn out 3 or 4 of 'em- and just recently got an Apex Anvil. I like it a lot! Look around on this site and find the vise comparison by Ohio Fly fishers. It could save you some bux.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Last edited by JoJer; 03-23-2013 at 02:29 AM.