View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Personal reflections are curious things, as the "remember when's" of one's life can be akin to the properties of refracted light, oft times bending and shaping memories in ways that defy full explanation or appreciation on our part. Nearly at the mid-point of Journal #1 again, I find myself blessed with insights that run counter to my own perceptions of "the early years."

At one stage of my life, for example, I would have described my younger self as an "enthusiastic"-- spelled "head-strong" --kid with a nose for the best kind of trouble, and would have agreed that I was the root cause for much concern among my elders. Having read deeper into the words of the late Montgomery Jackson, however, my enthusiasm among those of the "seasoned" ilk was more often than not written off-- and accepted --as a "grand curiousity" with potential.

Coming on the heels of notations made earlier in Journal #1, it was an eye-opening description for yours truly, and a pleasant one, at that! Within the content of some 12-15 pages later , Mr. Montgomery Jackson continued to hold his rightful place beside me and those who went before... Jerry, aka hairwing530