View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default 2013 8-Weight Challenge: Fly Reel Review

2013 8-Weight Challenge: Fly Reel Review / Trident Fly Fishing

We have been discussing the relative merits of various attributes of 8-weight saltwater fly reels recently, drag design, spool aspect ratio and price have been factors. Along in my in-box this morning came this 8-weight reel comparison from Trident Fly Fishing which employed a combination of sophisticated measurement machines and good old subjective opinion. One of my preferred reels, Nautilus NV was not included but two others, Hatch and Hardy Fortuna did receive top honers. New player, Cheeky, was very well rated as was the reel that has come up in question here a few times, Ross Fi. The subject of spool width was also addressed. Check out the write up. (I, of course, have no relationship of any kind with this outfit).