View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hardy DD Ultralite 4000 v Nautilus FWX 5/6 for Winston B2x 9' 6wt

I have the Access IV (7-9wt) on my 5wt. It is Anodized, the drag is sealed, I dunked it all the time, I put it on the sand. The sand got into the spaces but I just shook it loose in the water and no problem. However, I wouldn't use it as my go to saltwater reel, maybe for an occasional saltwater trip. I've had the Hydros IV as well, but that reel was heavy for my liking; 7.4 oz with the 8wt line n backing on. Beautiful and functional, but heavy.
This is why I am also in the market for a SW reel and into Lamson Velocity, Litespeed, Ross Evo 4 and Nautilus FWX 7/8. All have good drags, but different capacities in the backing. Lamsons have more backing than the other ones.