View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Clutch - New Fly Rod Company

I, personally, have no issue with a rod designer working in concert with a quality rod shop to fabricate his blanks to his exacting specifications. Gary Loomis' NFC built Sam Druckman's blanks for him, before his untimely passing, for Freestone Rods. Rods as well known and respected as Hardy's Zenith/ProAxis are built to very high quality in Korea as are Tim Rajeff's ECHO series and less known but very good Rise Fly Fishing by Steve Bechard. I have never seen Flying Pig rods but based on our own Diver Dan's review of their 8-weight and the little I know, they too sound to be an intriguing new rod company building the kind of rods I would like; light, quick, powerful yet responsive...I wish Fly Pig would have a booth at Somerset next January. It is Clutch's very investment in rolling their own that made them a new company to stand up and applaud for and their 9-weight is a real-deal striped bass specialty rod.