Thread: Why we do it
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why we do it

I started fly fishing 50 years ago, literally with a willow branch for a rod, with a fly tied up using a piece of kitchen sponge and some rubber bands. We had a summer cottage so I had easy access to the water. After a couple of years my folks bought me a real fly rod and reel, not very good quality compared to what's available today, but it's what I used for the next 10 years or so. Caught tons of bluegills and bass, but had a burning desire to fish running water for trout.

Once out on my own, focused on primarily on trout, still enjoy every one I catch. Over the past 30 years have bought and used a ton of great equipment and tackle. About three years ago I started fishing with a fixed-length line reel-less rod. I guess maybe it takes me back to where I started, I do know more often than not, I have a smile on my face whenever I'm out fishing. Have always enjoyed it, maybe enjoy it now just a little more.

The nice thing about fishing, it requires just enough concentration to take you mind off the cares of the world.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo