View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bitterroot River, first fish of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Looks like this is going to be a low water year on the Bitterroot per the Ravalli Republic newspaper (yesterdays addition). Lower than normal snow pack this winter. Odd off but I fell in 'love' with that little local newspaper and read the on line addition every day.
It's way too early to start predicting water levels, Fred. But it is that time of the year for the local news people in the paper and on TV to start talking about it along with images of the last fire season blah blah blah. The snow packs will be added to for another month or more possibly. The factors that really matter for the rivers (after an amply snowpack) are: when it starts to warm up and how fast the snow comes down, and the amount of rain (snow up high) we get in April and May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutcomegetit View Post
Fantastic! Than you so much for sharing. Looks like a lot of snow off the banks. Were there many other anglers out? Good stuff. Cheers
Zero bank ice on mid-lower Bitterroot now. I talked to one other angler that had stopped at the put-in hole to pull a spinner through for a few minutes on his way South. Otherwise just me, my dogs and the herons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by long bow View Post
Happy belated birthday and a tip of the hat to the choice of RR. Still on sale I think?
Yep! Still on sale!