View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod grip style, and Lefty's principles

As to the grip....
Most often I'll "V" grip with all the pressure in the front of the hand and almost none at the heel. I've destroyed enough grips to be very conscious of this...

If I want power for distance then I'll switch to "thumb on top". For me this grip make the power stroke and sudden stop second nature.

If I want accuracy, then I'll switch to index finger on top. There's nothing better for accuracy than pointing with your finger exactly where you want the line to go.
For me, there's no reason to settle for one way over another.