View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what would you buy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
Large refrigerator magnet. Flip it upside down and slap it on your table. Good for holding hooks, metal beads, anything that rolls or slides. Sf

Oh yeah, they come free from the pizza guy. Buy a pizza.
You can also get them free from a package of Tiemco hooks or at Staples. Staples sells adhesive magnets that are sized for placing a business card over and they're perfect for lining fly boxes with or applying to your table, just as you mentioned.

I agree with scissors, don't skimp here for the set that you'll use to cut fine material. If you tie hair you might want a pair of scissors especially for those. After one pair gets worn out, use them for synthetic materials and or wire. You can always get a cheap pair of sewing scissors from a craft store to cut through synthetics.

A brush for teasing dubbing. I use one of these and really like it. Two tools in one:

PEAK Ritt Pick-N-Brush Dubbing Tool at BEARSDEN.COM

You can use velcro on a popsicle stick too but I found this to work much better on more corse material. The velcro does well for finer, softer materials.

Tons of great advice so far which isn't a shock, there are lots of great and very skilled tiers here.