View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM

fichy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Competing with other sportspeople for carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I don't even have Carp where I live. The reason I am posting though is a question. I used to live in San Diego and Oceanside. Where the heck is the Hudson? The only Hudson I know of is really long way East of San Diego.
Dan, they have these odd inventions that look like big birds- you ride in their bellies. I'm one of those bums that save all their money to travel and fish.
San Diego Bay is a phenomenal fly fishery and the lakes to the east of it are great carp fishing.Some of the pros here probably fish the fly tournament at Henshaw. Weather is phenomenal, I've actually got bonefish and 13 other species and thanks to Southwest and Hotwire, pretty darn cheap. I usually fish under the Coronado Bridge, launching my float tube from Tidelands Park. I've caught carp all over the place. I live near the upper Hudson on the Battenkill River. Most of my carp are in water that's about 33 or covered with ice right now. If I hadn't had to buy a new truck, I'd be carp fishing in warm sunshine in Ca. in a few weeks. Bay in the morning-carp in the afternoon. I go almost every year. That incident I mentioned was at Lake Morena. It's much better known for giant bass.

Charlie