View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod weights and Common Cents

Yup. There is one line I saw a commercial for it that actually bragged about being a full weight off of the indusrty standard. It made me snap my head up when they said it. I git a bunch of fishing channel free previews with my sat. provider. I was about half paying attention when it happened. I almost laughed out loud. "Full line weight off" and "industry standard" in the same sentence.

Lines are not as unreliable as rods in calling them what they are, but they are guilty of the same thing. Then there is the fact the only count the first 30' and taper and weight of the running line are not counted. Weight of the running line as in nice to know for overhang. Tapers, etc.........