View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Ferrule wrap issue, I want your opinion

Hey there. Last week I finally got started on my rod. I thought I had everything figured out but I made a little mistake. Without much thought about it I decided to make the ferrule wrap (its a 2 piece) the length of the rod that is inserted. I've done it this way before but I know its not necessary. Anyway, in my infinite wisdom I prepped the blank with a scotch bride pad to that length, about 2 inches, before doing the full test wrap to make the final decision based on the looks! I think it looks a little long! It is obviously quite a bit longer than a factory job but this is my rod.

Anyway, here is my question for you all: I have two options, keep the ferrule wrap at that length or shorten it by half or so and run a very light epoxy finish up the blank about an inch to coat the dulled section.

Here is a picture of the length of the wrap...this is not the final wrap, I am reworking it a little, but this is the general idea/pattern I will do. I am currently leaning back to making it long, I want to use the fade and I like the length.
Click the image to open in full size.