View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrule wrap issue, I want your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I'm with Rubberguy, maybe overkill but I dig it. Nice pattern too man it different and outside the box, right on!
Exactly who cares what's standard or what's overkill. No rules just what you like and what you like to fish.

I usually just to 1.5 the diameter of the female because I like the look and it keeps proportions between the sections. I believe some manufacturers say you don't even need to reinforce the ferrules on their blanks and even if you do, about 1 or 1.5x the diameter of the female is enough. But part of custom building is going beyond what's standard or necessary and making it yours.

We customize with thread color, trim bands, different grip shapes and materials, reel seat inserts, hook keeper styles (or lack of them), decals, guide styles and colors, people add decorative wraps, paint blanks, and very little of it has a practical impact beyond the personal satisfaction we might take in creating and fishing the rod. So that's why I say go for the ferrule wrap! It's cool, it's custom, and you like it.